Computer Science Education
Allegheny Intermediate Unit provides computer science education through a variety of educational learning options designed to help PreK-12 schools build capacity for teaching computer science.
Through these professional learning programs, educators will gain access to research-based professional development, materials and resources to successfully implement effective computer science curricula.
We offer the following professional learning programs for PreK-12
The AIU is a Code.org Regional Partner and offers professional learning for K-12 educators.
Apply now for a scholarship to participate in our 2023 Code.org professional learning.
Dates for the Code.org summer workshops at AIU are:
- Computer Science Discoveries (grades 6-10) and Computer Science Principles (grades 8-12) will take place over four days: July 24-27, 2023.
- Computer Science A (grades 9-12) will take place over five days: July 24 - 28, 2023.
Registration link will open in spring 2023. Please check back to register.
For more information about Code.org professional learning please contact:
- School administrator presentation; Contact Brian Stamford
- CS Fundamentals for students in grades PreK-5; Contact Brian Stamford
- CS Discoveries for students in grades 6-10; Contact Linda Muller
- CS Principles for students in grades 8-12; Contact Brian Stamford
- CS A for students in grades 9-12; Contact Brian Stamford
Learn how to program in Python using CMU's graphics-based computer science curriculum and development environment.
CS Academy curriculum and professional learning is free!
For more information contact: Linda Muller
- Spring 2023 professional learning:
- March 7-8, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- transformED @ Allegheny Intermediate Unit
- Registration is now open
- Strategic CSforALL Resource & Implementation Planning Tool is a framework that guides teams of district and building administrators, CS educators and other district CS leaders through collaborative visioning, self-assessment, and goal-setting exercises to create or expand upon their PreK-12 computer science education implementation plan for students; Contact Brian Stamford or Linda Muller
- Please check back for training dates in 2023!