Career Ready Resources
PDE Career Ready PA
Pennsylvania's economic future depends on having a well-educated and skilled workforce that is prepared to meet the current and projected demands of a global, knowledge-based 21st century economy. Learners across the state will be prepared for meaningful engagement in postsecondary education, in workforce training, in career pathways, and as responsible, involved citizens. Learn more about Career Ready PA.
The Standards Aligned System (SAS), was developed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to improve student achievement. The site provides resources for students and teachers to add to their skillset or build upon existing skills. Learn more about SAS Resources.
- Classroom Resources - Links in this document focus on instructional classroom resources that support the Career Education and Work Standards, as well as portfolio evidence for the Career Readiness Indicator.
- 21st Century Workplace Activities - The links in this document focus on opportunities that connect the classroom to the workplace through work-based learning experiences and resources that support the Industry-Based Learning Indicator.
- Student Engagement Activities - The resources in this document focus on opportunities inside and outside the classroom that support career cluster pathways (STEM, Business Management & Administration, Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources), as well as portfolio evidence for the Career Readiness Indicator.
- Post Secondary Pathways for Success - The links in this document focus on post-secondary pathway resources to help educators guide students to success after graduation.
ACT WorkKeys for Pennsylvania Students
- Demo access credentials for WorkKeys Curriculum for March
- Skill descriptions for the 3 NCRC skills
- Copy of the slides from 2/24 presentation
- Job Profile Database
- Public Tableau Dashboard
- Free Online Practice Tests
- ACT Work Ready Communities
Career Ready Posters
- The Anatomy of a Quality Employee
- Career Ready Skills Educating for Employability
- Creating a Career Ready PA
- PA Career Ready Skills
- The Pennsylvania Career Ready Skills Continuum
Education Commission of the States (ECS) Connecting Education and Work Toolkit - This collection of resources aims to support state leaders as they bridge the gap between education and the world of work.
- Community-Wealth - Social Enterprise
- Mirrors in Education
- To Be Who We Are: Black Teachers on Creating Affirming School Cultures - TeachPlus
Virtual Career Exploration
JA Inspire Virtual - JA Inspire is more than a career fair, it brings together the business community and local schools and is designed to help launch middle school students into their futures: high school, college, and careers beyond.
News Literacy Project - Newsroom to Classroom - The News Literacy Project’s Newsroom to Classroom program brings journalists into middle schools and high schools — in person and virtually — to share their knowledge and expertise with students in their community, across the United States or around the world.
Partnership for Career Development Career Connections HUB - This high-school level, career exploration platform currently connects students with manufacturing job information and opportunities. The fully interactive portal queries student’s interests to match and explore industry-provided high-need occupations. Students completing the experience will be matched with current offerings including career shadow opportunities, internships, part-time, full-time and seasonal work opportunities.
Students - Paid Apprenticeship Opportunity - US Navy SEAP Program
WQED Future Jobs - The Future Jobs Initiative includes a series of videos highlighting high-demand career opportunities in our region, with additional resources available on our website https://www.wqed.org/futurejobs.
- Ardmore Library Virtual Kitchen Tour: Meet the Contractors
- Career Ready Connections - Quarterly Newsletters released by the Career Ready PA team
- Career Readiness and Work-Based Learning Research - Links to research about work-based learning
- Digital Navigator Resources
- Financial Literacy Resources
- Montco Works Videos
- My Career Tech - Free online tech curriculum
- PA Career Zone
- Ready Set Work PA - courses to get you job ready!
- STEM at CDC
- United State Patent and Trademark Office
- US Patent Office Education Resources