RAC - Primary School
Just for primary teachers, these courses help educators build the foundation for lifelong literacy.
Comprehension, Close Reading, and Complex Text: Laying the Foundation K-2
$450 per participant, K-2 teachers
Series Length: 4 modules
Option 1: Face-to-face – Four in-person sessions at the AIU on scheduled dates listed below.
Option 2: Fully online, asynchronous – Work at your own pace through four online course modules.
Transitioning students to the demands of the PA Core Standards is not a job just for teachers in the tested grades! Participants will learn a variety of techniques and how to implement comprehension concepts into everyday practice through close reading of complex text.
- All materials are included
- Administrators may accompany their registered participants to any or all sessions at no cost
2022-23 Meeting Dates: February 8, March 14, April 13, May 10
Face-to-Face Registration is Open: https://bit.ly/3yhZq8L
Online Registration: https://bit.ly/3y4Z1Gw
The K-3 Reading Apprenticeship Model
Option 1: $3,800 per participant (includes 1-on-1 support)
Option 2: $2,800 per participant (no 1-on-1 support)
Series Length: 12 modules
Delivery Mode: Face-to-Face - Twelve in-person sessions at the AIU on scheduled dates listed below
- Developed with the primary teacher in mind, the K-3 Reading Apprenticeship Model consists of 12 intensive, comprehensive training in reading pedagogy, theory, research, and proven instructional practices.
- Option 1 only: individualized data-driven planning and coaching to support teachers with meaningful implementation of content and strategies from sessions; virtual informal observations with feedback.
- Administrators may accompany their registered participants to any or all sessions at no cost.
2022-23 Meeting Dates: September 20, 21; October 18,19; November 16, 17; December 15; January 24; February 23; March 22; April 18; May 17
Registration is Open: https://bit.ly/3se07Mi