Special Education Services
- Special Education Liaisons' Meetings
- Special Education Schools
- Special Education Services
Special Education Support Services
- Blind & Visually Impaired
- Career Development Services
- Center-Based Vocational Programs
- Community-Based Instruction
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing Support Program
- Mon Valley School
- Pathfinder School
- Sunrise School
- Framework for Independent Living
- IEP Development
- Occupational/Physical Therapy
- Work & Vocational Programs
- Pupil Services
- Specialized Transition Services
- Speech/Language Support
- Supervisory Services
- Travel Instruction
- Special Education and Pupil Services Calendar
- Local Task Force Calendar
- Spotlight on Special Education Blog
Sunrise School celebrates the holidays
Posted by Eddie Phillipps on 12/21/2018
Christmas came early at Sunrise School when students were treated to a memorable day packed with holiday activities Dec. 21.
It was quite an eye-opener when the day began with breakfast. None other than Mr. and Mrs. Claus strolled through the cafeteria and mingled with all the star-struck kids.
Next up was a concert performance by the Gateway Middle School chorus and orchestra. The sweet sound of carols filled the gymnasium as the students, dressed up in holiday attire, sang along.
The school library was transformed into the toy store of their dreams, thanks to incredibly generous toy donations from the Presents from Police program. Acting Chief of Aspinwall Police Department Dave Nemec and Deputy Chief of Millvalle Police Deprtment Michael Vith were on hand, as well as patrolwoman Jennifer Harper.
Gifts for boys and girls of all ages wrapped around the entire library, with just enough space to have a photo session with Mr. and Mrs. Claus.
The last activity was a horse-drawn carriage ride around the school. The kids got to admire the beautiful horses and then sat tight in a cozy carriage.
Thank you to everyone who made this day such an incredible success and a memory that will last a lifetime! Happy Holidays from everyone in the AIU Special Education Division!