Special Education Services
- Special Education Schools
- Special Education Liaisons' Meetings
- Special Education Services
Special Education Support Services
- Blind & Visually Impaired
- Career Development Services
- Center-Based Vocational Programs
- Community-Based Instruction
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing Support Program
- Mon Valley School
- Pathfinder School
- Sunrise School
- Framework for Independent Living
- IEP Development
- Occupational/Physical Therapy
- Work & Vocational Programs
- Pupil Services
- Specialized Transition Services
- Speech/Language Support
- Supervisory Services
- Travel Instruction
- Special Education and Pupil Services Calendar
- Local Task Force Calendar
- Spotlight on Special Education Blog
Fab Lab Visit Sparks Creativity
Posted by Eddie Phillipps on 10/9/2018
Students at Sunrise, Mon Valley and Pathfinder schools were immersed in hands-on learning throughout the past month, as the Mobile Fab Lab made its rounds to each school. The Fab Lab spent an entire week at each location where students were introduced to STEAM learning through machinery and software before creating their own unique projects.
The Fab Lab team introduced students to equipment such as a laser cutter, heat press, vinyl cutter and more.
Next, the students learned how to design their project on a computer before producing it on the machinery.
Most of the students elected to create laser-cut rulers with their names on it, or towels emblazoned with their name and school logo. The towels will be perfect to twirl at basketball games this winter to show a little school spirit!
By the end of each week, students had designed and created their very own projects!