Family Support Centers
Family Support Centers are community-based programs designed to provide families with resources, opportunities and experiences that enable them to become self-sufficient and nurturing parents.
Strong families make strong communities, where the hope of our children's future begins.
Family Support Centers focus on:
- Healthy child development
- Effective parenting
- Preservation of the family unit
- Economic self-sufficiency
These goals are accomplished through home-based services, parent support groups, parent/child activities, relationship building and mentoring.
Family Support Centers are located in the following school districts:
- East Allegheny
- Penn Hills
- Steel Valley
- West Mifflin
- Home visits
- Parent and child activities
- Parent support and information groups
- Developmental assessments
- Referrals to community and human services
- Family and individual counseling
- Housing information and support
- Employment and training support