SmartSTART Substitute Teachers
Want to make a difference in the lives of children?
Start with SmartSTART
Build your resume, gain experience and make a difference in the lives of children by being a substitute teacher in your district. The SmartSTART program is for those who already have a bachelor's degree, but are not certified teachers.
How to apply to SmartSTART
If you are interested in participating in the SmartSTART program, please fill out an application online and submit it. You will receive an invitation to the Orientation. Follow the steps below to complete your application.
- Step One: Review Criteria and Guidelines
- Step Two: Collect Supporting Documents
- Step Three: Submit Online Application
- Step Four: Mail Credentials
- Step Five: Orientation and Training
- Step Six: View and Update Application Page Online
SmartSTART frequently asked questions
When is the next SmartSTART Orientation?
Friday, September 25, 2020
For further information contact:
This site is for individuals WITHOUT teacher certification. If you are a PA-certified teacher, please visit https://www.pa-educator.net