Early Childhood/Head Start Teacher
Do you love teaching preschool-age children? Do you want to make a difference in their lives?
Now is your chance.
The AIU’s Head Start program is searching for qualified early childhood classroom teachers. These individuals are accountable for the overall operation of Head Start classrooms. Our pre-K teachers are responsible for providing a safe, nurturing and joyful learning environment that addresses a child’s social, physical, emotional, cognitive and nutritional development and well-being. The prospective candidate will be expected to plan, coordinate and manage all classroom operations in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and laws. Newly hired teachers may be assigned to either single or multiple classrooms in Allegheny County to meet the daily needs of the children enrolled in the Head Start program. Watch this video to learn more about Head Start.
- Free medical, dental and vision insurance
- Federal student loan forgiveness
- Tuition reimbursement
- State pension system (PSERS) participation
- Paid sick and personal days
- Predictable schedule – evenings, weekends and summers off
- Professional development
- Advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to build resume and work experience
- Caring team of co-workers
- B.A. or B.S. in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or equivalent degree with experience teaching preschool-aged children preferred;
- OR a B.A./B.S. in a related field including 30 ECE credits with experience teaching preschool-aged children;
- OR a B.A./B.S. in Elementary Education and 18 ECE credits with experience teaching preschool-aged children;
- OR any B.A./B.S. with ECE certification with experience teaching preschool-aged children;
- Current criminal history clearance, child abuse clearance and FBI clearance (Act 34/151/114/24) required prior to offer. Clearances must be dated within the past year; and,
- Current school physical and TB test dated within the past year required.
Days: Monday through Friday
Hours: 7:30 am to 3:30 pm (typically)
Salary: $27,133.00 (Non-negotiable, 200 work days, August to June)
For more information, go to the job description.
Please download and complete an AIU Application 1-21-15.pdf
Please download and complete the required Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release forms Act 168 - Attachment - Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Sexual Misconduct-Abuse Disclosure Release.pdf
Please send resume/cover letter to:
Allegheny Intermediate Unit
475 E. Waterfront Drive
Homestead PA 15120
ATTN: Human Resources