Early Childhood/Head Start Assistant
Do you care about preschool children? Do you want to work in a caring environment that helps all students succeed? Do you want to work at a company that values what you do and makes you feel appreciated?
Now you can.
The Allegheny Intermediate Unit’s (AIU) Head Start program is searching for qualified early childhood teacher assistants. These individuals support classroom teachers and help provide a safe, nurturing and joyful learning environment that addresses a child’s social, physical, emotional, cognitive and nutritional development and well-being. The prospective candidate will work in a single classroom in Allegheny County to meet the daily needs of children enrolled in the Head Start program. Watch this video to learn more about Head Start.
- Free medical, dental and vision insurance
- Federal student loan forgiveness
- Tuition reimbursement
- State pension system (PSERS) participation
- Paid sick and personal days
- Predictable schedule – evenings, weekends and summers off
- Professional development
- Advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to build resume and work experience
- Caring team of co-workers
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) and/or Child Care/Child Development or current CDA credentials, or associate’s or bachelor’s degree in any area;
- One year experience working with preschool-aged children preferred;
- Current criminal history clearance, child abuse clearance and FBI clearances (Act 34/151/114/24) required prior to a job offer. Clearances must be dated within the past year; and,
- Current school physical and TB test dated within the past year required.
Days: Monday through Friday
Hours: 7:30 am to 3:30 pm (typically)
Salary: $18,440.00 (Non-negotiable, 200 work days, August to June)
For more information, go to the job description.
Please download and complete an Application for Employment
Please download and complete the required Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release forms Act 168 - Attachment - Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Sexual Misconduct-Abuse Disclosure Release.pdf
Please send resume/cover letter and indicate "HS ITA" in the subject line to:
Allegheny Intermediate Unit
475 E. Waterfront Drive
Homestead PA 15120
ATTN: Human Resources