Part-Time Early Intervention 1 on 1 Preschool Teacher Assistant
Job Title: DART Early Intervention Preschool 1:1 Personal Care Assistant
To assist a specific child in a community preschool or early childhood special education preschool in relation to safety, mobility, or behavioral management needs per the child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement suggestions, provide supports, collect data and follow the guidance of professional staff working with the child in implementing the child’s IEPs.
- Assist child in the use of teaching devices, such as assistive technology, visual supports, and other devices used for individualized instruction.
- Assist child at arrival, departure, on the playground, and during emergency drills. This would include going up and down steps and climbing equipment as needed.
- Assist child in the bathroom if needed (including diapering, toilet training and hand-washing), assist lifting non-ambulatory students (when necessary), assist and/or monitor child with the removal of, and putting on outerwear, and feeding of child, if needed.
- Communicate effectively with children, teachers, therapists, and supervisors via verbal, written, and e-mail correspondences.
- Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to special education.
- Attend training as required for performance of job, and to obtain 20 hours of professional development activities and trainings related to their assignment. This may include but is not limited to CPI, CPR, and First Aid.
- Complete ACCESS billing in a timely manner if required for the child assigned.
- Perform related duties assigned by the teacher/therapist or supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience working with the preschool and/or special education population preferred
- Valid PA driver’s license required
- Ability to comply with the AIU Conduct policy
- Current Act 114, Act 34 and Act 151 required prior to an offer (Must be dated within 1 year of hire date).
- School Personnel Health Record (Form H511.340 (8/2011)) must be completed and received by Human Resources prior to hire date.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended period of time.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling 35 pounds.
- Ability to kneel, crouch, bend and reach to retrieve and handle teaching materials and supplies.
- Moving fingers and hands in a repetitive manner.
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly when communicating with limited English speaking customers.
- Hearing clearly.
- Adequate vision to perform duties.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Disclaimer: The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position.
Reports To: Supervisor
Position Schedule: Per Assignment
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to HRWEB@aiu3.net