The Allegheny Intermediate Unit Pre-K Counts Program provides high quality pre-kindergarten classroom education for children ages 3-5 who are not eligible for kindergarten.
Enroll in Pre-K Counts now!
- Children 3-5 years of age who are not eligible for kindergarten
- Preference given to children eligible for kindergarten the following school year
- Households that meet income guidelines (up to 300% of the federal poverty level)
Classrooms operate full-day. Pre-K Counts classrooms provide:
- Highly qualified staff - Teachers certified in Early Childhood Education
- A research-based curriculum that will help your child grow academically and socially
- Regular home-school communication about your child’s progress and other topics that matter most to you as a parent
- Activities and experiences to ensure a smooth transition to kindergarten
Documents needed to complete the application packet
- Birth Certificate or other proof of birth
- Verification of income (tax documents, 2 pay stubs, SSI, or TANF letters)
- Immunization records
- CACFP Form (in packet)
- Disability documentation (if applicable)
- Custody or court documents (if applicable)
- Health insurance card (if applicable)
- Pre-K Counts pre-application form
Like us on Facebook
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords parents and student who are 18 years of age or older ("eligible students") certain rights with respect to the student's education records. Click the links below for more information.