Career Ready PA Coalition Virtual Kickoff Survey Results
Career Ready PA Coalition Virtual Kick-off 2020:
The Career Ready PA Coalition Virtual Kick-off was held in the Fall 2020 to engage in collaborative conversations with statewide stakeholder champions to increase awareness in best practices and strategies in career and workforce readiness for all learners. Survey results reflected the following priorities from 53 percent of the 140 participants.
- Average of 40 participants per session; total of 140 participants
- 60% “champions”; 20% PDE staff and state agencies; 20% IU liaisons and staff
- 80% rated the event 4 or higher (5 = most valuable)
- 17.1% of Career Ready PA regions represented
- Priorities rated by stakeholders:
- Employability Skills (64.6 percent)
- Career Pathway Pilots (53.8 percent)
- Best Practices/Initiatives, e.g., STEM (47.6 percent)
- Industry Credentials (35.4 percent)
- Preapprenticeships/Apprenticeships (33.8 percent)
The Career Ready PA Coalition steering team will be meeting in March 2021 to finalize the mission and vision and to determine statewide and regional priorities and next steps.