Head Start Teachers and Teacher Assistants
Locations are throughout Allegheny County
Excellent Benefits Package
Thursday, July 11th 2019 - 7AM-5PM
Allegheny Intermediate Unit Central Office
475 East Waterfront Drive, Homestead, PA 15120
Please submit a resume to: HRWeb@aiu3.net
Walk-ins welcome, appointments are recommended
The Allegheny Intermediate Unit is currently seeking Teacher Assistants to work in their Head Start Program.
- Good work/life balance (paid summers off), medical, dental, and vision coverage, tuition reimbursement, retirement account, and federal student loan forgiveness
Responsibilities / Key Functions
- Helps to coordinate the educational, social, emotional, and physical development of the children, and plan the curriculum with the team.
- Assist the teacher in facilitating a variety of appropriate activities and experiences.
- Help children acquire and use language as a means of communicating their thoughts, feelings, and self-esteem to others. Assist children in developing the social emotional skills needed to have positive interactions with peers and adults, foster independence and encourage feelings of mutual respect among all those in the classroom.
- Work with the teacher to coordinate the daily activities of the children and the classroom.
- Help develop and consistently follow a positive routine and simple rules that are understood and accepted by all.
- Work cooperatively with administrators and team members to successfully utilize web based platforms to manage and track child, family, teacher and classroom data.
- Establish a positive and productive relationship with families by encouraging them to participate in the classroom’s activities, providing them with ideas for home activities and visiting the home a minimum of two times per year, as well as two parent conferences. (Home visiting is relevant to Head Start only.)
- Successfully attend and complete mandated trainings, professional development events and subsequently implement things learned with fidelity.
- Contributes to the success of the AIU by performing all other duties as assigned.
*Please see the Allegheny Intermediate Unit website for a complete job description*
- Education Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Care/Child Development or CDA credentials or Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree (in any area).
- One (1) year experience working with preschool-aged children preferred.
- Current criminal history clearance, child abuse clearance and FBI clearance required (Act
Terms of Employment:
- 200 days. Salary, work schedule, evaluation, and other conditions of employment are in
accordance with current AIU Head Start/Pre-K Counts salary schedule and applicable policies.
Please be advised that employees are responsible to keep their CDAs current and up-to-date. Maintaining a current and up-to-date CDA is a condition of employment. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in termination of employment.