Advanced Placement (AP)
Allegheny Intermediate Unit is a College Board® endorsed provider of our annual Advanced Placement® (AP) Summer Institute.
Held each summer during the last full week in June, our four-day AP Summer Institute draws educators from across the United States.
This wonderful professional learning summer institute is facilitated by AP course consultants and subject-matter experts who have a depth of experience and knowledge of AP courses.
Latest News & Information
DATES: June 22 - 25, 2020 (Monday through Thursday) - 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: South Fayette High School
WORKSHOP FEES: $1,000 (includes light breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack daily, along with all College Board and workshop materials)
Registration is now open for the following AP course workshops:
- Art and Design
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- Chinese Language & Culture - New for 2020!
- Computer Science A
- Computer Science Principles
- English Literature & Composition
- Environmental Science
- European History
- U.S. Government & Politics
- U.S. History
- World History: Modern
College Board Summer Institute Scholarships are now available to cover the cost of the workshop:
Visit AP Central for more information and application. Applications are due February 11, 2020.
New in 2020, 1-day workshop for district AP Program Coordinators.
Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at South Fayette High School
No fee for this 1-day workshop designed for new and experienced AP Program Coordinators.
Upon completion of this workshop, AP Program Coordinators will be able to:
- Access, setup, and use the AP registration and ordering system
- Manage student rosters
- Support AP teachers in accessing College Board resources
- Navigate the AP course audit process
- Order AP exams
- Administer AP exams to student with accommodations
- Maintain exam security
- Arrange for off-site and late testing
- Handing testing incidents and disruptions
- Return AP exams
- Access and pay your school's invoice
For more information about our Advanced Placement® (AP) Summer Institute, contact:
Dr. Paul Cindric, Program Director
Linda Muller, Program Specialist
® The acorn logo is a registered trademark of the College Board. Used with permission.