Advanced Placement (AP) Summer Institute
Allegheny Intermediate Unit is a College Board ® endorsed provider of our annual Advanced Placement ® (AP) Summer Institute.
Held each summer during the last full week in June, our AP Summer Institute draws educators from across the United States and overseas.
This wonderful professional learning summer institute is facilitated by AP course consultants and subject-matter experts who have a depth of experience and knowledge of AP courses.
SAVE THE DATE FOR SUMMER, 2021!
For 2021, the College Board has approved Allegheny Intermediate Unit to offer an online AP Summer Institute.
Here are some highlights from last year's online AP Summer Institute:
- AIU offered 10 AP course workshops over five days during the last week of June, 2020.
- AP workshop instructors used AIU's Canvas learning management system and Zoom to facilitate asynchronous and synchronous portions of their workshops.
- 82 AP course teachers from across seven U.S. states, Europe, and the Middle East participated in our five-day virtual APSI this June.
- We experienced a 100% completion rate among our attendees who expressed gratitude to AIU and the College Board for shifting this year's APSI to a virtual format.
Registration for 2021 will open on January 4, 2021.
2021 AP Workshops (tenative):
- Art and Design
- Calculus AB and BC (combined)
- Computer Science A
- Computer Science Principles
- English Language & Composition
- English Literature & Composition
- Environmental Science
- European History
- Macro/Microeconomics (combined)
- Music Theory
- Spanish Language & Culture
- U.S. Government & Politics
- U.S. History
- World History: Modern
For more information about our Advanced Placement® (AP) Summer Institute, contact:
Dr. Paul Cindric, Program Director
Linda Muller, Program Specialist
® The acorn logo is a registered trademark of the College Board. Used with permission.