Assistive Technology Documents
Assistive Technology Request for Consultation Options and Documents
Teams make a decision as to whether the services of the training and consultation coordinator and/or assistive technology (TaC-AT) are required.
Three options are offered and the documentation that must be completed for the desired level of service.
Option A: Consultation
The team requires assistance from the TaC-AT to identify AT for IEP/program planning purposes. An onsite consultation and team meeting are conducted.
Teams requesting an AT consultation should:
- Complete the AT Request document
- Refer to the AT Checklists as needed to complete the request
- Review the AT FAQ to answer/clarify any questions
- Email the AT Request to their school district/program LEA for approval: [REQUIRED Special Education Administrator APPROVAL-page 5]
- Have the LEA email the AT Request, IEP, ER/RR or 504 Agreement to Kristen Tachoir, firstname.lastname@example.org. In most cases, the student’s team will complete the AT Plan immediately following the AT Consultation with the TaC-AT
A training and consultation assistive technology coordinator will schedule a consultation that consists of an observation and/or one-on-one work with the student. The LEA will designate at least two team members to meet with the TaC-AT to discuss suggestions and draft an action plan following the consultation. It is the school’s responsibility to share recommendations with parents if they are not participating in the meeting.
Option B: Training
The team has a clear idea of which assistive technology should be trialed or implemented. Assistance is needed in training on the AT tool for an individual student, school or district.
- An onsite consultation is NOT conducted.
- The TaC-AT meets with the team to train on the AT tool for implementation across environments.
- New tools will NOT be discussed or suggested.
- The IEP team may use the SETT Framework Part II - AT Action Plan to document the specific tasks and environments for which assistive technology is being implemented for an individual student.
- Requests for building or district-wide training should be directed to: Kristen Tachoir, email@example.com.
Option C: Use of AT Documents
The team does not require the services of the TaC-AT; however, the team wants to document information in preparation for IEP planning or program development.
- NO consultation or training is provided by the TaC-AT.
- An onsite consultation is NOT conducted, a team meeting with the TaC-AT is NOT necessary. Instead, the team may opt to use portions of the AIU assistive technology forms for record-keeping and data collection purposes.
* If you are experiencing difficulty reading the documents on this page please contact Traci Seibert, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notice Regarding Students Receiving Vision Services through the Allegheny Intermediate Unit
If the student's primary diagnosis is blind/visually impaired, please contact Michael Horvat, email@example.com