Act 34 Pennsylvania Criminal History Clearance Instructions
Act 34 Pennsylvania Criminal History Clearance
The Pennsylvania State Police has established a web-based computer application called “Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History” or PATCH. Using this system, a requestor can apply for a criminal background check on an individual. Eighty percent of the time, “No Record” certificates are returned immediately through the Internet to the requestor.
- Go to "New Record" and follow the instructions.
- The reason for the clearance is EMPLOYMENT.
- VOLUNTEER clearances will not be accepted for employment purposes.
- When the Search Results Table appears, click on the Control Number. (Hint: Write down the Control Number for future access to you Official Clearance.)
- The Records Check Details page will open, but this is not the official clearance and it will not be accepted by the employer.
- To access your Official Clearance you will see a blue text "CERTIFICATION PAGE". Click on the blue text to access your Act 34 Pennsylvania State Police Clearance.
- Print and save the official clearance for your records and submit a copy to the Human Resources Department.
A $22.00 fee applies to process the clearance online. The requester will be required to pay via credit card or debit card online. Below is a link to access the “PATCH” website: