Access to Public Records "Right to Know"
The Allegheny Intermediate Unit Board of Directors, herein referred to as the Board, recognizes the importance of public records as the record of the acts of this Intermediate Unit and the repository of information about this Intermediate Unit. A citizen of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, acting on his/her own behalf, has the right, under law, to request, inspect and to obtain copies of such records, with certain exceptions and subject to the outlined procedures.
The Board shall make the public records of the Intermediate Unit, and copies thereof in accordance with these guidelines, available for inspection, with the exception of those records exempted from such inspection and copying by law and the rules of the Board of Directors.
The Board shall designate an Open-Records Officer, who shall be responsible to:
- Receive written requests for access to records submitted to the Intermediate Unit.
- Review and respond to written requests in accordance with law, Board policy, and administrative regulations.
- Direct requests to other appropriate individuals in the Intermediate Unit or in another agency.
- Track the Intermediate Unit's progress in responding to requests.
- Issue interim and final responses to submitted requests.
- Maintain a log of all record requests and their disposition.
- Ensure Intermediate Unit staff is trained to perform assigned job functions relative to requests for access to records.
Right to Know Public Requests Requests
View Citizen Requests made to the Allegheny Intermediate Unit in accordance with Right to Know.
AIU Right to Know Officer
State Open Records Contact Information
Executive Director: Erik Arneson
Deputy Director: Nathan Byerly
Chief Counsel: Charles Rees Brown
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Office of Open Records
Commonwealth Keystone Building
400 North Street, Plaza Level
Harrisburg, PA 17120-0225
Right to Know Request Form
Download the Right to Know Request form.