BVISP Specialized Services
The following services are available through the Blind and Visually Impaired Support Program to eligible students.
Helps support specific programming for an individual student.
Direct Instruction in the Expanded Core Curriculum
Assistance is provided in the areas of compensatory or functional academic skills, including communication modes, Orientation and Mobility, social interaction skills, independent living skills, recreation and leisure skills, career education, use of assistive technology and visual efficiency skills.
- Routine consultation/collaboration with regular classroom teachers, agencies and parents
- Classroom material/curriculum preparation and adaptation, which cannot be prepared by Materials Support Personnel
Initial Assessment/Re-Assessment of Eligibility and Needs
- Educational functional vision evaluation
- Learning media assessment
Braille, large print, specialized tactile materials and manipulatives
Orientation and Mobility
- Body image concepts
- Concept development
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Sensory training
- Environmental travel skills
- Techniques of daily living
Group Training will be provided on a pro-rated basis
Specialized equipment and assistive technology for students who are blind or visually impaired.
Please contact Jeanine Esch at 412-394-4538 or email@example.com for additional information.