Mon Valley School
Address: 555 N. Lewis Run Road, Jefferson Hills, PA 15025
Mon Valley School is a comprehensive, public, non-residential special education center program for students aged K-21. Mon Valley School offers a wide range of both full- and part-time programs.
Click the link below to view the Parent-Student Handbook:
All full-time classroom programs include special areas: Physical Education/Swimming, Art, Home Economics and Music. All programs also include extensive Community Based Instruction opportunities.
- Autistic Support
- Life Skills Support
- Physical Support
- Emotional Support
An array of vocational training opportunities are available to both full- and part-time students of transition age.
- Auto Body
- Auto Mechanics
- Building & Grounds
- Food Service
- Industrial Production and Maintenance (IPM-Construction Trades)
- Materials Handling (Warehouse Program)
- Nurses' Aide Training
Additional Vocational Training
- Practical Assessment Exploration System (PAES) - a vocational assessment program
- Work Activity Center (WAC) - a training opportunity for students who be appropriate for future sheltered and/or supported employment
- Employment Oriented Home Economics (EOHE) - training including aspects of working in an commercial laundry setting (hospitals, etc.) and light housekeeping skills. This training opportunity is for students who may be appropriate for future sheltered and/or supported employment.
Take Route 51 South (toward Uniontown) past Century III Mall and the commercial area. At the McDonald's Restaurant on the left, merge into the left-hand lane and continue straight. At the second traffic light, turn left onto N. Lewis Run Road. Proceed up the hill. The schools' marquis is located on the right. Turn right into the school's driveway. Parking is available adjacent to the front of the building.
The school office is located through the long row of front doors and into the enclosed area.
Visit the Nutrislice website for all of Mon Valley's menus!