Smart START - How to Apply
Step Five: Orientation, Interviews & Training
Do I Have To Attend?
All training for the Smart START program is mandatory. Upcoming dates are not yet determined.
NOTE: In the event of low enrollment the training is subject to cancellation up to one week prior to the scheduled training below. You will be notified by e-mail.
Orientation - September 11, 2013
The Topics covered are:
- Overview of Smart START
- Preparation and Professionalism
- Confidentiality/Ethical Issues
- District visitations
DAY 1 TRAINING - September 19, 2013
- Effective Communication
- Classroom Management
Additional TRAINING - September 13, 2013
- Diversity/Conflict Management Training by Robert Burley, Burley Associates
DAY 2 TRAINING - October 2, 2013
- Debrief District Visitations
- Students with Diverse Needs
- Instructional Strategies
- Emergency Permits
- Sub Packs
All training sessions are held at the Allegheny Intermediate Unit at The Waterfront in Homestead, 475 East Waterfront Drive, Homestead, PA 15120. Driving Directions to the AIU Central Office.
* You must be invited by the Allegheny Intermediate Unit to attend these sessions by filling out an application online.