Responsible Fatherhood Program
This program meets on a monthly basis and follows the National Fatherhood Initiative's 24/7 Dad and Doctor Dad Curriculums. The fatherhood program is designed to support fathers to overcome parental and employment challenges. By providing the fathers with different opportunities and experiences, the program equips them to become more self-sufficient and nurturing. Our program focuses on:
- Economic self-sufficiency
- Healthy development of children
- Effective parenting
This is accomplished by case management, relationship building, group activities, mentoring, and home visits. Any father associated with AIU Family Centers can attend the monthly/quarterly meetings.
Monthly meetings are held at the East Allegheny, Highlands, Latino, Lincoln Park, and Sto-Rox Family Centers. Dinner and snacks are provided; childcare is provided for participating fathers.
- East Allegheny Family Center, 200 Westinghouse Drive, Wilmerding, 15148 - 2nd Tuesday of the month starting at 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Highlands Family Center, 415 Fourth Avenue, Tarentum, 15084 - third Thursday of the month starting at 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Latino Family Center, 809 Bingham Street, Pittsburgh, 15203 - Fourth Wednesday of the month starting at 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Lincoln Park Family Center, 7300 Ridgeview Street, Penn Hills, 15235 - fourth Thursday of the month starting at 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Sto-Rox Family Center, 618 Russellwood Avenue, McKees Rocks, 15136 - Last Thursday of the month
Camping Trip at Family Resource Center - June 1 and 2, 2013
Fatherhood Collaborative Council
- Fathers Alliance Together Helping Each Reach Self Brochure
- Father's Blog Link
- Father's Facebook Link
- Fatherhood Collaborative Council List
- Fatherhood Collaborative Council meeting minutes
- Meeting date for the Fatherhood Collaborative Council is the 4th Thursday of the month from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Learn more about Fatherhood Initiative through videos in the Media Gallery.