Network Connections is a FREE of charge, one-day conference for educational professionals focused on mathematics and science. The conference is held twice a year, once in the fall and once in the winter. We encourage districts to participate as a team comprised of K-12 math and science teachers, administrators and guidance counselors. The purpose of the conference is for school districts throughout southwestern Pennsylvania to explore national and regional research and tools that support effective instruction in mathematics and science education. A variety of sessions address proven approaches focusing on the big ideas of mathematics and science. INTERACT (INvitation To Effectively Reflect And Collaborate Together) time will be provided for participants to share experiences and plan with district colleagues.
How Do I Register?
Register for the conference by visiting Eventbrite
Features from Past Network Connections Conferences -
Network Connections- February 5, 2015
- View the powerpoint presentation by Keynote speaker, Dr. Christian Schunn, Senior Scientist at the Learning Research and Development Center at the University of Pittsburgh
Network Connections- October 23, 2014
Network Connections- February 13, 2014
Network Connections - October 24, 2013
- View the powerpoint presentation by Keynote speaker, Eric Banilower, Senior Researcher at Horizon Research.
- View the powerpoint presentation by Keynote speaker, Claus von Zastrow, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Research for Change the Equation.
Network Connections - February 7, 2013
- View the powerpoint presentation by our Keynote speaker, Steve Leinwand, Principal Research Analyst at the American Institutes for Research (AIR) in Washington, DC.
Network Connections - October 25, 2012
- Harold Pratt, presented the morning keynote on the Framework for K-12 Science Education as Foundation for Implementing NGSS - view his Powerpoint.
- The afternoon keynote was presented by Bill Schmidt, from Michigan State University. His keynote was titled: Inequality and The Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. Click here to view the powerpoint.
- Session D - Getting at the Content Through the Math Practices
February 9, 2012
October 27, 2011
February 10, 2011