Role-Alike Allegheny County Liaisons' Meetings/Workshops
The AIU Role-Alike Special Education Liaison Meetings and Workshops are ongoing role alike meetings/professional development activities that provide up to date information concerning federal and state initiatives, addresses critical issues impacting district leadership decisions and provides professional development activities that support increased student achievement.
Future Special Education Liaison Meeting Dates, Presenters and Topics:
- November 29th: Pat Hozella, PDE Special Education Director will provide us updates from PDE. She will also have a Q & A.
- December 19th: Lynn Dell, PDE Assistant Special Education Director, Frank Musitano, Director of Pupil Services from the Blue Mountain School District, Susie Macik, Principal from Bentworth School District will present on "The Dyslexia Project".
- January 26th: Mike Bovino, Senior Advisor, Interscholastic Unified Sports Special Olympics Pennsylvania and Area Students from School Districts, on "District Special Olympics Unified Sports" that promotes social inclusion through shared sport training and competition experiences for children with and without disabilities. Unified Sports consists of inclusive recreational sports opportunities for athletes and partners.
Bob Zelleznick, District Executive, TrailBlazer Outreach Scouting Program for Districts for Students with Special Needs and the Champions Daily Living Skills and the Champions Transition Program.
- February 23rd: Susanne McDougall, Office of Dispute Resolution Program Manager on "The Office of Dispute Resolution: Overview of Dispute Resolution Services". She will also have a Q & A.
- March 22nd: Upper Darby School District on "Improving Student/Teacher Relationships Through Relational Skills Coaching: Positive Impact and Outcomes" (Center of Supportive Relationships).
- April 27th: Trish Andrews, Special Education Attorney of Andrews & Price will be providing a legal review of cases and updates. She will also have a Q & A.
- May 23rd: Kelly K. Wesolosky from the FBI and Brian W. Dempsey, from the United States Department of Justice on "How the Heroin/Opioid Epidemic Came to Be, Trends with Heroin, Fentanyl and Prescriptive Medications, Community Outreach Efforts, Case Studies from Investigations, and the Struggle of Addiction by an Individual from a Treatment Facility."
2016-2017 Role-Alike Special Education Liaison Meeting Schedule
(updated October 21, 2016)
2016-2017 Special Education Liaison Listing
(updated March 21, 2017)
To view the agenda and/or handouts, please click on the meeting date - keep in mind that the handouts are posted after the meeting has occurred.
2016-2017 School Year
2015-2016 School Year